# # POST TITLE HERE

Healthy Zucchini and Feta "Burgers"

August 17, 2014


I think I have quite possibly came up with the best recipe ever in the history of "healthy eating". I know that is a pretty bold statement, but these "burgers" are to die for! They are fast, and easy, and you probably have most of the ingredients in your kitchen already; especially if you grow your own zucchini; which I have been reaping benefits from, since a lot of my friends do!

What you need:
  • Serving size: 4 large "burgers"
  • 1 extra large zucchini (or two small)
  • 1/2 cup of reduced fat or fat free feta cheese
  • 1 tablespoon of extra light olive oil
  • 1 egg white 
  • 1/3 cup of oat or whole wheat flour (do not use coconut flour, I do and it was absolutely disgusting and did not cook properly.) 
  • I always recommend my readers adding their own favorite ingredients to make these even more delicious and to your specific liking! Onions and peppers are a good idea. As well as plain (non-flavored) protein powder!
Directions:
  • First, grate your zucchini. I use a regular grater -- one you would use for cheese.
  • Drain the zucchini. You can use cheese cloth or put the zucchini in a strainer over the sink and pat down firmly on the zucchini with a spatula. 
  • In a large mixing bowl add the zucchini and all of the other ingredients. Mix well with a spoon until everything is well blended and your batter is thick. If your batter is too thin, add more flour, cheese, or zucchini. If it is not thick enough, you burgers will not form properly. 
  • Form mixture into four large patties
  • Spray frying pan with nonstick spray, place patties in it and cook via stove top. I use 6-7 heat setting
  • Let cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, until patties reflect a golden/brown tint.

Nutritional Information per "burger":
*This will vary depending upon quantities, brands, and amount consumed. This is to be used as a guide only.
  • Calories: 150
  • Fat: 3g
  • Carbohydrates: 8g
  • Fiber: 4g
  • Protein: 5g

15 comments

  1. I can't wait to try making these! Zucchini and Feta are two of my favorites!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look fab! I've got some zucchini in the fridge that needs using up so I'm going to making these soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shredded zucchini cakes! I made this before but it didn't turn out--I think I forgot to drain the vegetable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look SO amazing. I just wanna come over and eat all the time. Tonights dinner was a PB&J... feed me! LOL

    Kristen @ Your Beauty Fix

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks amazing!! gonna try these this week!! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this looks SO GOOD!! I want to add some Creole seasoning and call it a meal mMmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love zucchini and feta so I am sold! Now to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm I made zoodles this week (zucchini noodles) and I made my healthier sloppy joes with it. SO stinking tasty. Zucchini is one of my favorite summer time vegetables (or is it a fruit, I mean.. it has seeds so... Ugh, whatevs).

    But, I am definitely going to save this, and make it the next time I am in need of a zucchini fix.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have some zucchini I need to use. And feta cheese pretty much is the best cheese ever. And also, now I know what I'll be eating for lunch this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your recipe posts. You just get me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i would lvoe to try this.. but i'm wondering if i can use mozzarella, or do you think it will be too gooey??

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look great! I wish I had this imagination when it came to food!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic, I've been looking for a recipe such as this, thank you! :-)
    Life inside the Locket

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ummmm these sounds incredible Liz! Definitely pinning these and making them soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only reading my blog, but taking the time to leave a response. If you notice that you do not hear back from me, please ensure you are not a "no-reply" blogger.

Keep in touch:
Twitter: FitnessBlondieL
Instagram: FitnessBlondieL
Say hello: Liz@TheFitnessBlondie.com
PR: Business@TheFitnessBlondie.com